Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day Cookout and Pinnacle Mountain

Sunday afternoon Paul and I climbed Pinnacle mountain. That's right I actually climbed it!! Paul has been wanting to go for a while now but I had no desire whatsoever. We were running through the list of things we could do that day and lastly Paul mentioned climbing the mountain knowing I would say no but this time I said we could try it. He got so excited. He even packed a backpack of all the necessities he thought I would need to make my climbing experience more enjoyable, like bottled water with crushed ice that he put in the bottle to keep it cold for me, my camera, hat, bug spray and cell phone. I must admit I thought about quitting a few times but was determined to go all the way up. It really was beautiful once we got to the top.









We celebrated Father's Day with a cookout at our house. Paul's family came over along with his grandpa and his aunt. The weather finally cooled down a bit so we were able to sit outside and play corn hole on Paul's new Razorback corn hole set.


The Birthday Girl


2 comments:

Bekki said...

Aw - the view from your mountains is a whole lot greener than our view. Ours is of the whole Salt Lake valley so its pretty much just houses. Not too many trees out this way! Way to go for climbing the mountain! Cute pic of the proud climber, too! LOL
(I probably should be ashamed to ask - being a southerner - but what the heck is corn hole???)

Kim said...

I am so proud of you for climbing that mountain! And not even in a skirt?! LOL. =)
Wasn't it so worth it when you got to the top?