Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Family

Before our beach trip we made a stop in Kentucky to attend my grandfathers funeral. He had cancer and fought it for a long time. Even though is was a sad occasion it was wonderful spending time with family that we do not get to see as much as we would like. At the visitation Harper started walking!!!! She has taken a few steps here and there but never walked from one end of the room to other. She was a wonderful distraction. We will miss my pappy very much but we are so thankful that he is in a better place and suffers no more. He always had a story to tell and told it very well. He will be missed.

This does not look like a comfortable position for sleeping!
Before we left Arkansas I cooked and packed Harper a lunch to take with us. I made sure she had some veggies and fruit. Once we arrived in Kentucky, the only place we could find to eat was a Dairy Queen. Paul was so excited!! I was grossed out! Honestly, it turned out not to be that bad and it will probably be a memory I carry with me for while. It was a beautiful day, we ate outside in small town, and Bella was at our feet on her leash. Picture Perfect if you ask me.  I quickly realized I left Harpers packed meal on the counter back in Arkansas so she had fries and a slice of cheese. I was so upset because I had taken all that time to make sure she had a healthy meal and left it. Oh well at least I remember all of our suitcases!
Harper loves her uncles and they love her!

Harper's middle name is taken from my great grandmother. We took her picture by her grave so she would know where it came from.


1 comments:

Bekki said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Tiffany.